Friday, January 27, 2006

Is it Age or Insanity?

Busy watching the news and all the reports of the Hamas victory in the elections in Palastine.

I keep hearing people (dressing in the little brief authority of political power) saying they won't speak to Hamas unless they renounce violence.

Am I going crazy or isn't every one of the people insisting on peace using massive armed force? (Is Afganistan a little picnic party? Are there no troops in Iraq? Doesn't Israel regularly kill Palistinian civilians?)

Didn't the modern state of Israel rise from terrorist activity (Could have sworn that some of my relatives were out there under the British Mandate)? Didn't the USA arise from the same terrorist activity? And France have a revolution (or two)? Russia is not exactly and demi-Eden.

I think there is a major problem of understanding here: People take words said to them and use their knowledge, insight, intelligence to interpret them. No matter what is said to me, it is what I already know that I will use to understand what you have said.

As I get older, my "database" of knowledge and strategies is widening. The more I hear on Hamas, who have won a massive victory being supported by a far higher percentage of the population than any of the Western leaders complaining about them, the more worried I am about the sanity of the world I am living in.

No comments: