Friday, July 04, 2008

Williams wins Wimbledon!

Isn't it just wonderful that you can say that a day before the final?



One of them will win again - my money is on Serena; but who would have bet on this combination to be in the final in the first place?

I was humming and ahhring over whether I'd bother to watch the ladies, now I know I shall. As I said last year, there is something about a Williams that makes you sit up and watch.

Fascinating too how Wimbledon messes-up the form cards.

On a different note, July the 4th is of course the day the silly colonials lost their final grip on reality and separated from the English throne - It's their own fault - every shot dead child since is a consequence of the 'militia's right to fight and own guns' that argy-bargy spawned - and the stupidity of keeping such a law beggars belief.

Today is a day Poland should hang its head in shame - July 4th, 1946 - the worst post war progrom where 42 Jewish survivors of the Holocaust were killed in Kielce. My own, brief, experience of living in Krakow was stained by the current generation of Poles expressing deep seated anti-semitic sentiments: Some things never change.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: