Friday, February 22, 2008

Moaning Minnie

Meaning

A habitual grumbler.

In origin an item connected with war - and my body certainly seems to have declared war on me at the moanment!

I've spent the last week with the foulest of doses of tonsillitis: Bad enough to give me the impression I am perpetually drunk - without the alcohol. Not the nice bit of drunk - the, bit where you go - Oh, bugger it - too much ...

Was waking every hour, had to drink to ease the dryness of the tonsil which was burning, but which burnt wetter after the drink!

One stage there was blood!

And to top it all - the local schop (was a typing error - but that's what it has become, a Schop!) had no ice cream!

I ask you: What on earth is the point of having tonsils if you can't have icecream when they declare war on the rest of the body?

No comments: